The days of military glory of Russia dedicated to the many events in the Tyumen region. One of them is the military-Patriotic festival "Demetrius Saturday"
In the name of the festival laid the event of military history of the Russian state.
After the battle of Kulikovo in 1380, the fallen soldiers were transported to Moscow and buried in a beautiful location - on the slope of Alabbas mountains at the confluence of the Moscow and Yauza. According to the Orthodox tradition in mass graves, a panihida was served and built a Church in honour of the Holy Trinity, of the Nativity of the virgin and of Saint Nicholas. Later, in the memory of the dead, on top of Alabbas mountains was built the monastery of St. John the Baptist in the neighbourhood of Kulishki. Heroes battle monks Peresvet and Oslyabya were, suspended their heads were buried in the Simonov monastery.
On the advice and with the blessing of St. Sergius of Radonezh Prince Dmitry Donskoy set to make annually, how long will be Russia, the dead warriors on the first Saturday after October 26. This day became known as Dimitrievo Saturday.
The custom to make this day special rite of remembrance "... about Orthodox soldiers and all, for faith and Fatherland slain on the field of battle" has been preserved to our days.
In 1995, in the year marking the 50th anniversary of the Victory in the great Patriotic war, on the initiative of the center "Outpost", with the support of the Committee of youth Affairs and tourism of the administration of Tyumen region, Tobolsk-Tyumen Diocese was based on the tradition of the youth festival of Patriotic song "Demetrius Saturday".
In 2009, the festival celebrates its small, but nevertheless very significant anniversary festival "Demetrius Saturday" is 15 years old.
The symbol of the festival "Demetrius Saturday" became George - defender of the Russian army.
The festival is held annually. The festival is attended by soldiers of stock, pre-conscription youth, veterans of the wars in Afghanistan and Chechnya, the families of soldiers, soldiers, cadets of military schools, students of Universities and theological institutions, students.
The age of participants of the festival from 14 to 35 years.
To participate in the festival brings together representatives of various regions of the Russian Federation, Tyumen region, Khanty-Mansi and Yamalo-Nenets Autonomous districts, creative teams from Chelyabinsk, Orenburg, Kurgan, Perm, Leningrad region, Republic of Udmurtia. And every year the geography of the festival is becoming wider and wider.
For many years the festival was attended by more than 4000 participants
In 2008 the festival took part 392 of the participant and more than 180 teams.
The festival is always evaluated by a competent jury, which included, in different years, was attended by famous artists: songwriters Igor and Alexander Tretyakov saganaw; singer and composer Igor Talkov (Jr.); people's artist of Russia Zhanna Bichevskaya; artist movie, singer, honored artist of Russia Leonid Serebrennikov, a group of "Blue berets", "Cascade".
The main idea of the festival is the preservation and enhancement of the creative potential of the talented youth and the preservation of the memory of the soldiers killed in the defense of the Fatherland.
In 2001, according to the results of the competition held by the State Committee of the Russian Federation for youth policy in the framework of the Federal programme "Youth of Russia", the Committee of youth Affairs and tourism administration of the Tyumen region for the organization and holding of interregional youth festival of Patriotic song "Demetrius Saturday" was awarded the grant of the 2nd degree
During its existence the festival has developed its own traditions. Today, the festival "Dimitrievska Saturday" is not just a musical contest, it is the whole complex of measures aimed at perpetuating the memory of soldiers who gave their lives for the Fatherland.
In 2000, Tyumen laid soldier alley, planted trees in memory of the fallen soldiers in Afghanistan and Chechnya. In the same year at the Tyumen land was delivered to the earth from the field Kulikov, who became one of the symbols of the festival.
In 2001, the festival was held the presentation of the book published with the support of the administration of Tyumen region "We remember you, son" (of soldiers who died in the Chechen Republic).
In 2002, in Tyumen was a monument to the soldiers-from Tyumen, died in Afghanistan (in the square in front of "the East").
In 2003, the city of Tobolsk was the monument to the Soldiers who died for the Fatherland at all times"
In 2004, in Tyumen on the soldier alley Foundation stone was laid for the construction of the monument to mothers and widows whose sons and husbands were killed in the war.
October 21, 2007 in Tyumen in the Park Gubkin solemn consecration of the chapel in Honor of the Blessed Grand Prince Dmitry Donskoy built in memory of all the defenders of the Fatherland.
In 2007, Khanty-Mansiysk hosted the first all-Russian festival of festivals "We are one, we - Russia". This project aims to unite the ongoing competitions and festivals Patriotic. The jury of the festival of festivals has considered more than eighty international competitions, national and interregional level forty regions of Russia. Among the winners of the main prize "For loyalty to the subject" was noted and the festival "Demetrius Saturday".
In 2009, one of the Founders of the festival "Demetrius Saturday" was organized by the Department of youth policy and public relations of the Ministry of sport, tourism and youth policy of the Russian Federation, and the festival is held in the new organizational model. In 2009, the festival has acquired the status of all activities and now sounds like a "Russian military-Patriotic festival "Demetrius Saturday".
The venue of the festival in 2009 selected Tyumen.
The festival will be held from 5 to 8 November 2009.
In 2009, the festival is held in order to form a Patriotic and moral values among youth, introducing young people to the preservation of historical and cultural traditions, as well as preserving the memory of the soldiers killed in the defense of the Fatherland.
The festival will host a range of activities:
Festival of historical reconstruction clubs "Fiery mile" - the festival will be attended by teams and clubs of historical reconstruction of the Tyumen region and the subjects of the Russian Federation, members of the Ural Federal district. Competition among the participants will be held in the following nominations: demonstration of ethnic and historical costumes, historical reconstruction ceremonies staged fight.
- Youth social action "Candle" - the event is held in memory of the soldiers who died for the Fatherland at all times. The event will be held in the memorial places Tyumen. In a special day of remembrance of soldiers who wish to participate in the Promotion will be granted the right to light and set in a dedicated place a candle in memory of soldiers killed in the defense of the Fatherland. The event will be able to participate residents, guests of the city of Tyumen, everyone, all those who keep the memory of the soldiers.
- The memorial service for the fallen for the Fatherland soldiers in the Holy Trinity monastery Tyumen and Lithium in the Chapel "In honor of the Blessed Grand Prince Dmitry Donskoy".
- Historical-cultural program "Fiery mile" near the monument to the Soldiers-from Tyumen, died in Afghanistan and on the Soldier's alley, near the Eternal flame, in the Plaza of Memory.
- Activities for families of fallen soldiers (memorial dinner, cultural program, gifts);
- And, of course, the main event of the festival is the competition of Patriotic songs "Demetrius Saturday", which will be attended by the winners of the regional youth festivals and competitions.
Program song contest has four categories:
- vocal-instrumental ensembles,
- vocal group.
The festival program
Festival of historical reconstruction clubs "Fiery mile"
Date: November 6, 2009
Venue: the Territory ADS "Outpost" (Tyumen, ultimata, 216)
Youth social action "Candle"
Date: November 7, 2009.
Time: from 11.00 to 19.00 hours
Venue: memorial sites Tyumen
- Soldier alley on the area of Memory (district ulternate-Taimyr)
- the memorial "Eternal flame" on the Historic square (Museum "City Council"),
- memorial "Farewell" - a monument to the pupils of the schools of the city of Tyumen, who did not return from the war" (in front of the main building TSU)
- monument to the Soldiers-from Tyumen, died in Afghanistan" (square Gubkin, opposite of "the East"),
- the monument to soldiers killed in the great Patriotic war, installed near the Machine-tool plant (square street Machine tool builders, 1).
The memorial service for the fallen for the Fatherland soldiers:
Date: November 7, 2009
Venue: Holy Trinity Monastery (district construction Academy)
Historical and cultural programs "Fiery mile"
Date: November 7, 2009
- Lithium in the Chapel of Goods. The Great Book. Dimitrii Donskoi (square Gubkin, opposite of "East");
- Theatrical parade of memory from square to them. Gubkin to Square Memory
- The ceremony of laying flowers and wreaths on Soldiers ' alley on the area of Memory.
Song competition of Patriotic songs "Demetrius Saturday"
Date: 6-7 November 2009
Venue: November 6, 2009 will be a contest of participants of the festival (the Palace of arts "pioneer")
Time: 11.00 - 19.00 free admission.
Gala concert of Russian military-Patriotic festival "Demetrius Saturday"
Date: November 7, 2009
Location: Tyumen Philharmonic
Entrance by invitation only.
Additional information can be obtained by calling in Tyumen:
+7(3452) 32-31-38, 22-06-49